[Ace-users] [ace-users] Task name in VxWorks

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Sat Oct 13 00:03:33 CDT 2007

Hi,

> You can already set the vxworks task name in ace when you
> spawn.  ACE
> already uses the task name for identifying the task in certain
> circumstances.  There's a bugzilla bug filed on an issue related to
> task name/task ID on vxworks, but I don't recall the number now.  I
> looked at fixing it for a customer, and it's a big can of worms.

I know you can do it with spawn, but that only works when you use the
VxWorks task model. When you use the pthread support (which is the only
option you have when using RTP) you can't set the name through spawn, you
should then use pthread_attr_setname which is VxWorks specific. It seems
better to wrap this method (and the getname version) and add them to the
ACE_OS threading wrappers. Then also pthread users on VxWorks can set the
name.