[Ace-users] [ciao-users] Blank lines cause deployment to fail

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Wed Oct 17 12:29:31 CDT 2007

CIAO VERSION: 0.6.1

In prior versions of DAnCE, blank lines in the NodeManangerMap.dat (at
the bottom) were okay, and the application would deploy successfully.
While I was updating the tutorial in $CIAO_ROOT/docs/tutorial/Quoter and
$CIAO_ROOT/examples/Null_Component, I noticed that blank lines (as
shipped in the distribution) cause the deployment to fail with a cryptic
error displayed (unhandled C++ exception) and a segmentation fault. I've
gone ahead and fixed the tutorial and Null Component, and other dat
files I could find.

Couldn't DAnCE though handle this more gracefully?

Thanks,
Abdul

Wed Oct 17 17:18:04 UTC 2007  Abdullah Sowayan
<abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com>

        * DAnCE/TargetManager/descriptors/NodeDetails.dat:
        * DAnCE/TargetManager/descriptors/NodeManagerMap.dat:
        * DAnCE/tests/scripts/BasicSP/basicsp.dat:
        * docs/tutorials/Quoter/Simple/descriptors/Stock.dat:
        * examples/BasicSP/descriptors/BasicSP.dat:
        * examples/Display/descriptors/NodeManagerMap.dat:
        * examples/Hello/descriptors/NodeManagerMap.dat:
        * examples/Hello/descriptors_RTCCM/NodeManagerMap.dat:
        * examples/Hello/descriptors_events/NodeManagerMap.dat:
        * examples/Hello/descriptors_events/NodeManagerMapTwoHosts.dat:
        *
performance-tests/Benchmark/descriptors/test-multi-process.dat:
        * performance-tests/Benchmark/descriptors/test.dat:
        * performance-tests/Protocols/descriptors/test.dat:
        * tests/Bug_2130_Regression/descriptors/TestNodeManagerMap.dat:

          Removed blank lines. Blank lines now cause the deployment to
fail.