[Ace-users] [tao-users] Is strdup required for return and out parameters

Christian Fromme christian at ast.dfs.de
Thu Oct 18 08:05:06 CDT 2007

On 18.10. 18:10, Vikram Karandikar wrote:
> So either i should use strdup or CORBA::string_dup but stick to one.
> am i right?

As Chris pointed out already, it's not that easy. You really should get
a copy of that book and read the chapters I referenced if you actually
want to do the right thing with CORBA and strings. I think there is not
much point in citing whole paragraphs of the book here and besides, it's
a good read if you're serious about what you do there. :-)

Good luck,
Christian