[Ace-users] Corba IDL mappings for C are not updated?

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at tango.dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Oct 18 10:35:57 CDT 2007

Hi Alessio,

You are right on target here - the CORBA C mappings haven't been
updated in a long time.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to
change on its own, i.e., if you want to see updated CORBA mappings for
C you'll need to step up and invest your time and energy to see this
through the OMG.  The reason for this, of course, is that there is a
tiny (and probably shrinking) market for CORBA/C, so ORB vendors and
the OMG haven't put energy into updating the standard.

Take care,

     Doug

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu