[Ace-users] [ace-users] ACE + TAO Installation (5.4.7 / 1.4.7) Problem

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Oct 22 12:24:02 CDT 2007

Hi Jim,

   Is there a reason you're using such an old version of ACE+TAO?  If
you can upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.1 (i.e., ACE 5.6.1, TAO 1.6.1, and
CIAO 0.6.1) I think you'll have an easier time of installation!  You
can download this from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

Thanks very much,

        Doug

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu