[Ace-users] how to detect a memory problem

jackyhwei roarsoft at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:05:18 CDT 2007

Hi boys ,

I'm running an application by using ACE framework(FC 6 + ACE5.6.0),
but i found my app alway dump core after running a few hours or a few
days.

I've used gdb to debug the core dump file, but found nothing usable
(sorry, i'm a newer to linux, to gdb, and to ACE), but it seems I
encountered with a memory allocation problem or memory leak,  details
see the below, :
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.5-8.fc6rh)
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu".
(gdb) core core.7622
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
Core was generated by `./DeviceProxy'.
#0  0x001a7cac in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x001a7cac in ?? ()
#1  0x001e4b8c in ?? ()
#2  0x00748fc4 in ?? ()
#3  0x00741ed0 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()

What i'm wondering is how can i catch a memory problem under ACE
framework, or are there any tools i can
use to detect it?

BTW, I've tried memwatch, but someone said it does not support C++ so
well, especially a C++ program under ACE framework.

thanks in advance.