[ace-users] Ace on VxWorks 5.4.2 / Tornado 2.0.2

Thomas Lockhart Thomas.Lockhart at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 6 19:59:47 CDT 2007

> Can anyone advise?

We have been using TAO-1.2.1 in production on PPC604 and
VxWorks-5.4.x/5.5.x for several years. Our build environment is
cross-compiling from Solaris or Linux, using either the patched compiler
from Wind River (it ain't exactly 2.7.x) or a patched compiler we built
ourselves (not recommended; I'll look at the link you included).

Anyway, it works for us, though we patch TAO to get around loader
limitations on VxWorks which cause trouble with singletons (we also
would patch the most recent versions of TAO since VxWorks continues to
have those limitations).

I believe that TAO-1.5.4 is supported for VxWorks-5.5.x, but definitely
not for that old and brain-dead compiler; you will be stuck with using
old versions of TAO. I know that TAO-1.4.1 does not work with VxWorks
(there are issues with socket connections).

Let me know if you need the TAO tarball or want the patches we use.

                          - Tom

--
Thomas Lockhart
Supervisor, Realtime Software Group