[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO Concurrency

Hector perezh at unican.es
Fri Sep 7 06:35:28 CDT 2007

TAO VERSION: 1.5

ACE VERSION: 5.5

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
Fedora Core 4 (2.6.17-1.2142_FC4)

TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20051125
(Red Hat 4.0.2-8)

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: config-linux.h

THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:
platform-linux.GNU

CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
(used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):

Hi all,

I am starting to use TAO and I have some configuration questions about
it. I am particularly interested in its concurrency issues. I have been
reading configuration docs and as far as I can know:

Client Strategy:

ORBClientConnectionHandler => Tune the behaviour of the application
thread while it is waiting for the reply (In other words, if it can
process incoming request)

ORBTransportMuxStrategy => Define the way to map requests over network
connections.

ORBConnectStrategy => I guess it's a similar concept to
ORBClientConnectionHandler but referred to (GIOP) Connect message
process. However, it looks that options are mapped one to one (I mean,
for example, setting RW wait strategy involves selecting BLOCKED
 Connect
Strategy and so on). I don't know what's the exactly meaning of this
configuration parameter. Could someone give an idea?

Server Strategy:

I guess you can choose among concurrency architectures setting
 different
ORBConcurrency and ORBReactorType parameters. But is it ok if I set
Thread-per-connection and select_st option? My understanding is just
main thread is calling Reactor operations but not pretty sure.

Thanks in advance,

Regards