[ace-users] ACE Build: Linking issues while building ACE on WindowsXP SP2 / Visual Studio 2005 Express

Sarcar, Shourya C (GE Healthcare) shourya.sarcar at med.ge.com
Mon Sep 10 22:26:10 CDT 2007

Thanks for the pointers, Adam and Steve.

I did download the Platform SDK when I saw a missing winsock.h spoiling
my compilation. Howvwer, I was still left with linker issues.

Finally what resovled the issue was editing the C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\VCProjectDefaults\corewin_express.vsprops file to contain 	the
line:

	AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib"

Adam, I patched up to SP1, nevertheless.

Regards,
Shourya
http://blog.shouryalive.com