[ace-users] ACE Build: Linking issues while building ACEonWindowsXP SP2 / Visual Studio 2005 Express

Adam Mitz mitza at ociweb.com
Tue Sep 11 00:43:46 CDT 2007

> > Finally what resovled the issue was editing the C:\Program
> > Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> > 8\VC\VCProjectDefaults\corewin_express.vsprops file to
> > contain 	the
> > line:
> >
> > 	AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib"

On my machine this is:
AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib
comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib
odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib"

(Just in case you plan on linking against the shell common controls or ODBC,
you never know! <g>)

And I don't recall needing to edit it myself, I just did the normal install
of VCExpress and the PSDK.

> Which library did you specifically add?

Not to put words in Shourya's mouth but it must be advapi32.lib since it was
the registry functions that wouldn't link, at least in the errors shown in
the PRF.

> > Adam, I patched up to SP1, nevertheless.

It's always good to stay current.  There were lots of bugs fixed, see
http://blogs.msdn.com/vcblog/archive/2006/06/22/643325.aspx.

Thanks,
Adam Mitz
Software Enginner