[ace-users] ACE Build: Linking issues while building ACEonWindowsXP SP2 / Visual Studio 2005 Express

Adam Mitz mitza at ociweb.com
Tue Sep 11 07:27:48 CDT 2007

> > On my machine this is:
> > AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib
> winspool.lib
> > comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib
> oleaut32.lib uuid.lib
> > odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib"
> >
> > (Just in case you plan on linking against the shell common
> controls or
> > ODBC,
> > you never know! <g>)
>
> This looks to much, but can't we add the line below to the
> MPC vc8 base
> template

I'm not sure why we'd need to.  The MPC setup has to assume the user has set
up the PSDK with VCExpress according to the documentation.  This is
documented here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235626(VS.80).aspx and here:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa700755.aspx.  Apparently I forgot
that I did this when I set it up on my development machine -- it was a while
ago.

Changing MPC would be further complicated by the fact that it doesn't
distinguish between Visual C++ 2005 Express and Visual Studio 2005, they're
both "vc8".

Thanks,
Adam Mitz
Software Engineer