[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO ORB Configuration

Hÿffffe9ctor Pÿffffe9rez hepeti at yahoo.es
Tue Sep 11 11:40:24 CDT 2007

TAO VERSION: 1.6

ACE VERSION: 5.6

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
Fedora Core 4 (2.6.11)

TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from
HOST:
COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc 4.0.2
20051125

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: config-linux.h

THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU
FILE:
platform-linux.GNU

CONTENTS OF
$ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
(used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):

Dear all,

I have reading FAQ and documentation online about TAO.
   From the ORB configuration point of view, you can
select the TAO thread pool model following a leader &
followers behaviour (default settings). Could it be
used with RTCORBA as well? In fact, having RTCORBA
features enabled, I mean if it's possible to use it
together with, for example, a CLIENT_PROPAGATED
policy. Does server pay attention to priorities issues
in such case?

If I decide to use a Real-Time CORBA thread pool
model,  is there any way to use a L&F model with this
kind of pool? (For example, setting a TP Reactor type)

As far as I know, I need to spawn some threads in TAO
pool explicity but not in RTCORBA model. Maybe it has
no sense, but if I spawn some threads in ORB main loop
and call create_threadpool RTCORBA operation, what
would be the system behaviour?

Fortunately, my last question ;) is Reactor-per-Lane
default architecture in both thread pool models?

Thanks a lot for any reply.

Take care