[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Return Large Data

Steve Totten totten_s at ociweb.com
Thu Sep 13 16:22:33 CDT 2007

Samuel,

Douglas C. Schmidt wrote:

>> I want to know what way is the best for transferring large data
>> between corba clients and servers.  Thanks for all.  I'm reading docs
>> about TAO, but I can't define clearly what is the best way to do this.
>
> Please check out
>
> TAO_ROOT/examples/Content_Server/
>
> for a bunch of approaches.  The README file in the top-level directory
> explains how things work.

If you decide CORBA does not meet your needs for transferring
a large amount of data, you may want to try DDS (specifically,
OpenDDS):

http://www.opendds.org/

You can obtain releases of OpenDDS from the above site, or you
can access a snapshot directly from SVN:

svn checkout svn://svn.dre.vanderbilt.edu/DOC/DDS/trunk

See build instructions at the above opendds.org community portal
or in docs/INSTALL in the OpenDDS distribution.

Then, take a look at the built-in distributed content example:

examples/DCPS/DistributedContent/

If you need support for OpenDDS, feel free to contact us.

Steve