[ace-users] ACE-5.5.10 Build problem on MAC OSX (both PPC and x86)

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 18 09:34:21 CDT 2007

Hi Venkat,

   Thanks for using the PRF.

> ACE VERSION: 5.5.10

Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6 (i.e., ACE 5.6, TAO 1.6, and CIAO
0.6), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Release."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

>      HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:    Macintosh 10.2 (both PPC and X86)

I'm not sure if ACE[fs support this version of MacOS.  If you check out

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard

you'll see that we just have autobuilds for Tiger.  If you need support
for an earlier version of Mac OS I recommend you contact one of the
commercial support companies listed above.