[ace-users] about proactor

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Sep 21 08:43:44 CDT 2007

Hi,

> ace5.5 + winxp sp2 + vc6 sp6

Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.1 (i.e., ACE 5.6.1, TAO 1.6.1, and
CIAO 0.6.1), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Release."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

> I create 5 proactor thread in exe module, and create 1 listening
> socket using ACE_Asynch_Acceptor in dll module, this listen socket has
> accepted a remote connect using ACE_Asynch_Connector, but the
> connected socket can not receive any data sent from remote, after
> debugging, I found the GetQueuedCompletionStatus does not return
> during remote data has been sent, why? how can I resolve it?

It's hard to say without looking into your code in depth.  I recommend
you try modifying the various working Proactor examples in

ACE_ROOT/tests/Proactor*.cpp
ACE_ROOT/examples/Reactor/Proactor/

so they do what you want.