[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Can you set -ORBEndpoint for multiple ORBs in command line

Phil Mesnier mesnier_p at ociweb.com
Thu Sep 27 10:45:44 CDT 2007

Chun Tat David Chu wrote:
> Thanks guys...,
>
> I've one more question.  The reason I asked this question is because I
> want enable and disable the "reuse_addr" option for "-ORBEndpoint"
> through command line in my server's startup script.
>
> Is there a way where you can enable the "reuse_addr" globally for all ORBs?

reuse_addr is enabled by default. There is no global switch, as the value
is only interpreted by IIOP endpoints. If you want to disable reuse_addr,
you must do it on a per-endpoint basis as you are currently doing.

I suppose it is possible to extend the IIOP_Factory to take an argument
to disable reuse_addr for all, but that feature does not exist today.

Regards,
Phil

--
Phil Mesnier