[Ace-users] [ace-bugs] APG Proactor Example: HA_Proactive_Status.cpp: ACE_DEFAULT_BACKLOG parameter

Sorin Voicu-Comendant sorinvc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:19:43 CST 2008

   ACE VERSION: 5.6.2

   HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2003 Server
       If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you
       use?: Winsock 2.2

   TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
   COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): MS Visual Studio 2008
Version 9.0.21022.8

   THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: config-win32.h

   THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:

   CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
   (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): Couldn't find
this file; found a global.features which has not been changed (i.e.,
it's the one in the distribution)

   AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
ACE_wrappers/examples/APG/Proactor

   DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
       COMPILATION? No
       LINKING? No
           On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first?
       EXECUTION? Yes
       OTHER (please specify)?

   SYNOPSIS:
Example fails with:
ACE_Asynch_Acceptor::accept: no buffer space available
acceptor open: no buffer space available

I built and ran the example exactly as is.  I got the error mentioned
above.  I looked around a bit and found in the description of the
backlog parameter of ACE_Asynch_Acceptor::open that the default value
should be ACE_DEFAULT_ASYNCH_BACKLOG.  What gets passed in in
HA_Proactive_Status.cpp is ACE_DEFAULT_BACKLOG.  I replaced the
parameter with ACE_DEFAULT_ASYNCH_BACKLOG and the example worked
correctly.

   REPEAT BY:
Build the example with VS2008 and run it on Windows 2003 Server

   SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
It looks like changing the backlog parameter to
ACE_DEFAULT_ASYNCH_BACKLOG is the fix.