[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO 1.6.1: application with 2 ORBs sometimes gets a SIGSEGV

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Thu Feb 7 04:32:33 CST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for using the PRF form

> TAO VERSION: 1.6.1
> ACE VERSION: 5.6.1

Can you maybe try x.6.2, but I don't think we have fixes for such a crash in
x.6.2

> HOST/TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>     PC with Intel based 2x2.0GHz DualCore
>     SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (i586)

Be aware that we don't build and test on SLES, we only do testing on RHEL
and OpenSuSE. We don't do testing on SLES because of lack of funding. We are
Novell partner, but we don't get any free test licenses, we have to buy them
if we want to test on SLES.

> Is it possible that our problem is caused by -ORBConnectionCacheLock
> null?

It could be. Try to remove it and see how it runs. Disabling locks is
something that you normally shouldn't do.