[Ace-users] [tao-users] How to set different message timeout policies fordifferent calls

Chris Cleeland cleeland at ociweb.com
Wed Feb 13 14:52:41 CST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Keith Nicewarner wrote:

> Can I simply call _set_policy_overrides() before each method call or
> would that be a Bad Idea?

IMHO, that would be a Bad Idea.  Not technically wrong, but wasteful.
You will be creating a new reference in every call to
_set_policy_overrides(), and that involves dynamic allocations.

I would instead look at creating references with the appropriate
timeout value, and simply insuring that you make the invocation
through the correct reference.

---
Chris Cleeland, Principal Software Engineer
http://www.theaceorb.com AND http://www.ociweb.com