[Ace-users] [tao-users] [Fwd: Re: TAO/tao/PI build fails for AIX 5.3 with xlC 7.0.0.0 C Set ++ Runtime]

Steve Totten totten_s at ociweb.com
Tue Feb 19 10:36:48 CST 2008

Hi Johnny,

Johnny Willemsen wrote:

>> We build and test ACE and TAO, 1.4a and 1.5a, on AIX (64 bits and 32
>> bits) every night for several large clients. I won't say it is snap,
>> but we seem to be doing OK. Our clients are happy. IBM funded the 64
>> bit port.
>
> Can you point me to the build results of 1.5a with 64bit, I at least can't
> find it.

Actually, OCI's 1.4a and 1.5a scoreboard results are not generally
made public.  We don't build all combinations of versions in both
32- and 64-bit.  The point is, we do have the capability to do
AIX builds of ACE+TAO (with only the VisualAge or xlC compiler
family since none of our customers are interested in gcc on AIX).
We do not currently build the DOC Group code base on AIX because
none of our AIX customers have demanded it.

Steve