[Ace-users] [ace-users] Why Ubuntu has old ACE+TAO packages (was Re: Problem compiling with ACE when including ace/Timer_Heap.h)

Thomas Girard thomas.g.girard at free.fr
Thu Feb 21 13:36:01 CST 2008

Hello,

Le jeudi 21 février 2008 à 14:25 -0500, Jim Hodapp a écrit :
> Yes, I don't know why Ubuntu packages such an old version, but then
> again other distros don't even seem to package ACE at all in main
> repositories. It'd be awesome for Ubuntu to contain the latest ACE
> possible. Maybe I'll have to investigate who does ACE packaging and
> why it's so behind in version number. I'll try and undefine the
> timeout symbol and see if that takes care of it. Thanks.

That's because it's part of their universe repository, which is
sometimes synched with Debian.

Debian unstable still has 5.4.7, I'm really lagging behind. I have
uploaded 5.6.2 packages to experimental, and they seem to build fine on
all arches. I'm preparing 5.6.3, autoconf based, packages and will
upload them to experimental again until I can polish some remaining
issues I'll report on later.

Regards,

Thomas