[Ace-users] [ciao-users] CIAO - Help with Stock Quoter Example

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Wed Feb 27 09:37:26 CST 2008

Andre

> Thanks a lot, Abdul. I apologize for sending that question directly to
> you. I did it because your email address is at the bottom of the
> tutorial page, so I thought you would the one to get in touch with.
> Sorry :-)

Not a problem. The reason I ask you post to the list is that I may be on travel or vacation, so you may not get a response. Besides, there are people who are a lot more knowledgeable about ACE/TAO/CIAO on the user list that may respond to your question.

> I did just as you said and it worked perfectly.

Excellent

> But another error
> occurred at the deployment stage. It seems that the NodeManager is not
> starting correctly. I will try to figure out what is going on here
> before I send any questions again. Next time I'll use the PRF.

Can you use the PRF now? As a matter of fact, always use the PRF. I have no idea which version of CIAO you are using, as such, I have to guess what your problem might be.

Here is my advice:
1) Upgrade to the latest ACE/TAO/CIAO (which is x.6.3 now)
2) Upgrade to the latest CoSMIC version (I Believe it is 0.6.0)
3) Try to run the tutorial as is, see if it works for you (it works for me).

If you are trying to follow the tutorial, then you have to have the latest versions of the tools. If I remember correctly, there was a mismatch between the factory signatures that the CIDLC generates and CoSMIC generates.

I would check in your CoSMIC model and the code (including generated code) if the signatures match. If they don't, you'll get a deployment failure.

For example, here is the signature factory function in StockBroker_exec.h:

  extern "C" STOCKBROKER_EXEC_Export ::Components::HomeExecutorBase_ptr
  create_Stock_StockBrokerHome_Impl (void);

Look into the CoSMIC model, and see if they are the same.

Thanks,
Abdul