[Ace-users] [ace-bugs] [ACE_Message_Queue] notify PIPE block causesSelect_Reactor deadlock.

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Wed Feb 27 14:30:04 CST 2008

Hi,

> IMHO, the immediate problem is that we don't have a test case for
> reproducing the "race conditions"

That is true, it is a mistake we made in the past to make changes without
regression tests. At this moment the global rules are easy, we can only make
changes when there are regression tests. So, if you can Ruby can make a
regression test for the deadlock then we have taken one step. When that is
ready you and Ruby can make try to extend the test to trigger the race
condition (search google for any old post referring to that). When we have
enough regression tests then it is more safe to make changes to the core. So
the problem at this moment is the lack of any regression test.

Johnny