[Ace-users] [ace-users] Upgrading from TAO 1.2a to 1.4a - general question

Thomas Lockhart Thomas.Lockhart at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 28 16:20:51 CST 2008

> > We were wondering if this should, in theory, work "out of the box"
> > after building, or if we might need to recode parts of our
> > application to implement new/changed functionality?

We found that the only changes needed were to (occasionally) use some
preprocessor tests for the version of ACE around the #includes of
ACE/TAO headers in our code due to header refactoring. Those changes are
pretty obvious when your code will not compile, and afaicr there is very
little which needs to change other than that. If you do the version
checks rather than just changing the #include line, then your code will
compile and run with both 1.2 and 1.4.

hth

                           - Tom

--