[Ace-users] [tao-users] Upgrading from TAO 1.2a to 1.4a - general question

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Fri Feb 29 01:41:44 CST 2008

Hi,

> Our main developer had noted that 1.4a is
> significantly larger, and was hoping that the increase was mostly in
> additional functionality that we might not truly need.

We did migrate one of our customers last year from 1.1a to the doc group
release 1.5.7. We are now in the progress of upgrading them to 1.6.3. The
major work they had to do was the update of includes in their application
code. We also adviced them to use MPC to generate the GNU makefiles instead
of handcrafting them by hand. They also noticed that things got larger, but
we added several new options to ACE/TAO to disable features they didn't
needed. All these changes are available in the latest doc group versions of
ACE/TAO.