[Ace-users] ACE non-blocking SSL SOCK_Acceptor and FD_SETSIZE.. bug? (both 5.5 and 5.6.1)

kyle consalus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:16:37 CST 2008

I've been load testing a server application that uses epoll and non-
blocking ACE SSL SOCK_Acceptor.
All seems well until the socket handles go to 1024 and roll over to
negative, at which point things get messy. In many cases, the
internals of the Countdown Timer seem to be corrupted at this point,
specifically the pointer to it's max_time_value.
Best I can tell, this seems to be a result of the Handle_Set
performing some FD_XXX operations on negative handles in the ssl
accept routine. It appears to be a known issue that using select-based
operations on handles greater than the FD_SETSIZE won't work out, but
I would expect it to return an error, not corrupt nearby memory. Is
this one of those "Don't do that" things, or should I file a bug
report form?

Thanks,

Kyle Consalus