[Ace-users] [tao-users] what happend to CORBA_UserException in TAO1.5

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jan 8 08:06:57 CST 2008

Hi Khan,

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF),
which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.

> I am porting my application to TAO1.5

Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 (i.e., ACE 5.6.2, TAO 1.6.2, and
CIAO 0.6.2), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

> we are using CORBA_UserException and while compiling its throwing
> error that CORBA_UserException is not defined
>
> and indeed its not defined when i open tao\exception.h in which this
> was defined.
>
> Any info/pointer on this

It's in TAO_ROOT/tao/UserException.h, which you could trivially discover
for yourself by doing a search..