[Ace-users] [ace-users] Is there a group for questions from novice ace developers

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jan 8 12:27:28 CST 2008

Hi Sunil,

>  I have posted few questions recently in this group without any
> response from people monitoring this group. So am wondering if this
> group is meant only for bug reporting or higher level design
> discussions not for questions like verifying if the approach is
> correct for solving a given problem in ACE software. Is there a
> separate group thats oriented for these kinds of questions?

This is the right group.  If you don't get a response to your
questions here are some things to consider:

. Check to see whether your posting made it to the list, which you can
  see by checking out the comp.soft-sys.ace newsgroup to see if your
  posting is visible.

. If it's not visible, please make sure you're subscribed to the
  mailing list(s) you sent the report to since we have a "members
  only" posting requirement to minimize spam.

. If it is visible and you haven't received a reply this probably
  means that either no one knows the answer or no one has time to
  answer it.  As always, if you need more predictable help please
  contact one of commercial support companies for ACE+TAO, which are
  described at http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/support.html.

If it's a general question about how to use ACE, TAO, or CIAO feature
we'll try to respond as time permits, though we will also rely on the
experience of the open-source user community to field these types of
questions, as well.  You should first check out the online FAQ at
http://www.theaceorb.com/faq/ to see if your question has already been
answered.

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu