[Ace-users] [ace-bugs] Ace Configure problem with ace-5.5

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Sat Jan 12 01:27:45 CST 2008

Hi,

> autoconf support for 5.5 was still a bit raw. I've had good luck using
> autoconf with 5.5.1 (which is the bug-fix-only version you should be
> using anyway).

The question is more how ACE then behaves then how it compiles. We have
fixed some problems in the autoconf support in x.6.2 regarding the recursive
mutex detection. If you check the scoreboard at
http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl you will find about 250 builds, about 1% of
them is using autoconf, about 50% of these again is running tests. This is
really very low, too low to use for real systems to my idea. Personally I in
favor of removing the autoconf support from the release packages until we
really have tested it (compile and runtime behaviour).

Johnny