[Ace-users] [ace-users] ACE_Reactor Restart Option

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Sun Jan 13 21:07:55 CST 2008

Hi Mikhail,

   Thanks for using the PRF.

>     ACE VERSION: 5.5

ACE 5.5 is old.  Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 (i.e., ACE 5.6.2,
TAO 1.6.2, and CIAO 0.6.2), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>         RedHat Enterprise Linux 4
>
>     COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): gcc 4.1.2
>
>      AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
>         ACE_Reactor
>
>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         EXECUTION:
>             Execution of Application
>
>     SYNOPSIS:
>             run_reactor_event_loop exits with state -1 even with restart option enabled.

>         When running code like this:
>
>             ACE_Reactor::instance()->open(256, 1);    // This is supposed to set max handle number to 256 and restart on
> EINTR
>             while(-1 == ACE_Reactor::instance()->run_reactor_event_loop() )
>             {

What is the value of errno when run_reactor_event_loop() returns -1?
You can get this via

                  ACE_DEBUG ((LM_DEBUG, "%p\n", "Reactor event loop failed"));