[Ace-users] [tao-users] Just a quick MPC question

Chad Elliott elliott_c at ociweb.com
Thu Jan 17 07:28:18 CST 2008

Jules Colding wrote:
> Hi again,

>>> That will work.  However it won't stop some one from generating with the
>>> automake type without your workspace.
>>>

> OK, I've now attempted to make MPC deny making the automake target. That
> doesn't work :-(
>
> The top-level mwc file below is processed in less than one second with
> MPC:
>
> ############################
> workspace(lorica) {
>   cmdline += -include src
>
>   src/OCI/AsynchProxyTools.mpc
>   src/lorica/lorica_Client.mpc
>   src/lorica/lorica_EvaluatorBase.mpc
>   src/lorica/lorica_GenericEvaluator.mpc
>   src/proxy/proxy.mpc
> }
> ############################
>

> But this mwc file never completes:
>
> ############################
> workspace(lorica) {
>   cmdline += -include src
>
>   exclude(automake) {
>     src/OCI/AsynchProxyTools.mpc
>     src/lorica/lorica_Client.mpc
>     src/lorica/lorica_EvaluatorBase.mpc
>     src/lorica/lorica_GenericEvaluator.mpc
>     src/proxy/proxy.mpc
>   }
> }
> ############################
>
> On the contrary it starts doing this:
>
> Using .../lorica-autotools/ACE_wrappers/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/MPC.cfg
> CIAO_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
> DDS_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
> Generating 'gnuace' output using lorica.mwc
> Skipping Log_Msg_MFC (Log_Msg_MFC.mpc), it requires mfc.
> Skipping ConfigViewer (ConfigViewer.mpc), it requires wxWindows.
> Skipping Misc_Test_XtReactor1 (Misc.mpc), it requires motif.
> Skipping Misc_Test_XtReactor2 (Misc.mpc), it requires motif.
> Skipping QOS_Diffserv_Client (QOS_Diffserv.mpc), it requires qos.
>

> It never finish but apparently freezes after about 20 lines of the
> above.
>
> I've most likely done something stupid, but what?

I'm guessing that there are other projects or some sort of circular
dependency?  It's hard to say without more detail.  I thought about it
some more and this may be a better workspace:

workspace(lorica) {
  cmdline += -include src

  src/OCI/AsynchProxyTools.mpc
  src/lorica/lorica_Client.mpc
  src/lorica/lorica_EvaluatorBase.mpc
  src/lorica/lorica_GenericEvaluator.mpc
  src/proxy/proxy.mpc

  // Users should not try to use the automake project type
  exclude(automake) {
    src
  }
}

This should have the effect that you want.

Chad