[Ace-users] Compilation failed for large file

Mann.Patidar at gmail.com Mann.Patidar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:43:06 CST 2008

Hi,

    Please find PRF below.

     ACE VERSION:  ACE 5.5

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
       AIX 5.3

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
		Visual Age 6 xlC_r

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE
		#define _LARGE_FILES
		config-aix-5.x.h

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE
		platform_aix_ibm.GNU

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
			Support for LARGEFILE in AIX

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION

    SYNOPSIS:
			ACE Compilation failed

			If I tried to comlied ACE in AIX with large file support, it is
giving error while compilation.

			"Naming_Context.cpp", line 592.14: 1540-0217 (S) "open64" is not a
member of "class ACE_Log_Msg".

			if we didnt give _LARGE_FILES in config.h then it is compiling
			but file operation like stat , open , lseek etc are failing for
large files.

			Is there any way we can handle large file in AIX ?

	Waiting for your reply
	Manish