[Ace-users] Associate state/context with asynchronous socket read/write operations

Andi aheusser at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:11:51 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm new to ACE and I'm trying to use ACE and the proactor pattern for
some asynchronous data transfers with TCP and UDP. My main question at
the moment is whether there is any way to associate a state or context
with the asynchronous operation.

When I start the async write or read, I would like to associate some
state object with that call that I could retrieve again in the
handle_read_stream or handler_write_stream either from the asynch
result or from ACE somehow.

Or would it be possible to derive from the Message_Block class where I
could then keep my state object?

Thanks.
Andi