[Ace-users] [tao-users] scalability/thread pool performance (500+ clients)

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Sat Mar 1 14:13:44 CST 2008

Hi Andrew,

> DCS> It's worth a shot to see how well it performs.
>
> Doug, thanks for answers.

You are welcome.  BTW, you might also consider using the Customer
Servant Dispatcher feature to implement your own thread pools.  Check
out

TAO_ROOT/examples/CSD_Strategy/

for some examples.

> Another question - are there any plans about iocp thread pool for
> windows (ACE_Proactor) in TAO? I think, it can gain performance in
> such cases. For example, WCF uses iocp, and as we can see - greatly
> outperforms TAO in our patters...

Right, I agree that having an ACE_Proactor implementation of TAO on
Windows would be very cool.  This would require major modifications to
TAO's ORB Core, but if you'd like to volunteer to do the work or sponsor
such work that would be great.

take care,