[Ace-users] [tao-bugs] MinGW Linking: undefined reference to members _narrow and release

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Sun Mar 2 13:41:26 CST 2008

Hi,

> Upgrading to the latest release doesn't seem to solve the problem. The
> same
> errors occur. Am I missing any configuration issues / defines that
> could
> cause the problem.
>
> Also static linking isn't working, resulting in more undefined
> references.

The MinGW port is experimental, we do run as Remedy IT one daily build at
this moment, but that is shared library only

> Any suggestions on how to solve this issue? What information do I need
> provide to make it more clear?

The daily build is error free, the problem must be in how you build your
dll. I would recommend to look at the TAO libraries/tests and see what we do
there. Use MPC to generate the GNU makefiles and then try to build again. As
part of our commercial support we can assist with this, we are located in
Nijkerk, we can solve this by email but you can also come to our office
there.