[Ace-users] [ace-users] ACE_RW_Process_Mutex

kul gupta kulg123 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 04:57:51 CST 2008

To: ace-bugs at cs.wustl.edu

Please Ignore my previous mail ,the code was not complete.
Subject: ACE_RW_Process_Mutex in single writer and multiple readers

ACE VERSION: 5.5.8

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:

Windows XP Professional and Enterprise Linux 5.0

Version 2002

TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:NO

COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):

Visual studio 2005

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE

#include "ace/config-win32.h"   for windows

#include "ace/config-linux.h"   for linux

DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:

        COMPILATION?   NO

        LINKING?       NO

        EXECUTION?     YES

        OTHER

    SYNOPSIS:

Use of ACE_RW_Process_Mutex.I developed a very simple program which needs to
be extended for Multiple readers and single writer ( shared memory concept
using a Hash Map with allocator)

Even a single Reader and single writer are not getting
syncronized.Pleaseprovide with a sample program of
ACE_RW_Process_Mutex.

After having a look into ACE_ROOT/examples/Threads ,I implemented the
following code using ACE_RW_Process_Mutex. and run in both Windows and
linux5.0. But in both the cases the synchronization is not happening .

The Code is written as below

int ACE_TMAIN (int argc, ACE_TCHAR *argv[])

{

    ACE_RW_Process_Mutex m_RWMutex(ACE_TEXT("MyMutex"));

    if (agrc == 1)

    {

        while (1)

        {

            if (m_RWMutex.acquire_write() == 0)

            {

                ACE_OS::printf("Writer acquired...\n");

                ACE_OS::sleep(2);

                ACE_OS::printf("Writer releasing...\n");

                m_RWMutex.release();

            }

        }

    }

    else

    {

        while (1)

        {

            if (m_RWMutex.acquire_read() == 0)

            {

                ACE_OS::printf("Writer acquired...\n");

                ACE_OS::sleep(2);

                ACE_OS::printf("Writer releasing...\n");

                m_RWMutex.release();

            }

        }

    }