[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO 1.3 SSL/Name Service

Harry Harcrow Harry.Harcrow at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Mar 11 16:46:40 CDT 2008

I need to clarify the description of the problem.  I did go back and issue a
realclean and rebuilt the 1.3 libraries.  The issue is accessing the
NameService using corbaloc.  I use the following string:

-ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc:ssliop:hostname:sslport/NameService

When I run my server or even the nslist utility I receive a BAD_PARAM error.
If I use the following string:

-ORBInitRef NameService=file:ssliop:ns.ior

Then everything works fine.

We are planning to upgrade later in the year, but have a requirement to
start using SSL for our communications, so we want a quicker solution and
was hoping to just recompile the SSL libs and run our servers basically as
we did.

Really, my question is does the corbaloc URL method not work with SSL in
version 1.3?

Thank you for your help

  _____