[Ace-users] [ace-users] ACE build error

richard zhao rich4tech at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 16:07:27 CDT 2008

Hello, All

ACE VERSION: 5.6.1 and 5.6.3

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
  COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
  G++ 3.4.6 at Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
  G++ 4.1.1 at Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5

  Problem:
  I built ACE with openssl on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and it succeed to finish building. However when I do the same thing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, a error was reported like that:

  ../../../ace/SSL/SSL_Asynch_BIO.h:29:25: openssl/bio.h: No such file or directory.

  actually, I specified the openssl directory by using
  --with-openssl=/home/myssl/openssl
  when I run the configure under build directory and the file bio.h is exactly over there (it works under linux 5).
  could somebody help me to figure out why that happened?
  thank you very much in advance.

  Richard