[ace-users] Error when building TAO with Mingw64 bit

James Franco mjfranc808 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:41:08 CDT 2015

I am attempting to build TAO using mingw 64 bit.

This is what I did so far. I built ACE using Mingw-64bit  and I got the
generated files

 libACE.dll (the Win32 shared library) and libACE.dll.a

After that I did the following for building TAO

set TAO_ROOT=%ACE_ROOT%/TAO

and then going into my TAO_ROOT I did a make as a result I get various
reference errors ending with

c:/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/makeinclude/rules.lib.GNU:242: recipe for
target 'libTAO_IDL_FE.dll' failed
make[1]: *** [libTAO_IDL_FE.dll] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 'c:/ACE/ACE_wrappers/TAO/TAO_IDL'
GNUmakefile:2251: recipe for target 'TAO_IDL_FE' failed

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong or what I might need to look
for .