[ace-users] ACE 32 bit libraries on 64 bit OS

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Tue Nov 3 14:25:46 CST 2015

Hi,

>>> We have been using 32 bit ACE in several of our programs for several
>>> years now.
>>>
>>> We are currently trying to port a 32 bit Redhat OS application to
>>> 64bit Redhat linux and would like to compile and build with the ?m32
>>> option (32bit).
>>>
>>> Is there a way to build 32 bit ACE libraries on Redhat 64bit OS.
>
> Add "buildbits=32" to your platform_macros.GNU.

And make sure you install the necessary 32bit packages, probably the
following:
openssl-devel.i686 xerces-c-devel.i686 glibc-devel.i686 glibc.i686
libstdc++.i686 ncurses-libs.i686 zlib.i686

This list is from ACE_wrappers/docs/bczar/bczar.html

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT Expertise BV
Postbus 81 | 6930 AB Westervoort | The Netherlands
http://www.remedy.nl