[ace-users] Help ! Porting ACE Proactor Aio application on Linux

h w hw77377 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 08:45:19 CST 2016

ACE VERSION: 6.3.0

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
         Centos 6.7   and Linux kernel 2.6.32-573.12.1.el6.i686

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h
           #define ACE_LACKS_GETIPNODEBYADDR
           #define ACE_LACKS_GETIPNODEBYNAME
           #define ACE_HAS_AIO_CALLS
           #include "ace/config-linux.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU
            include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
            no such file

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:  no

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION?      no
        LINKING?     no
            On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first?   Yes, I did.

    SYNOPSIS:
        Using ACE Proactor AIO framework on network sockets to exchange
messages between two or more endpoints on  linux OS.  It looked the message
read or write blocked or in order.

         I am porting an application into Linux which utilizes ACE
proactor AIO framework for a network communication ( read/ write socket ).
It works fine on Windows OS. However, on Linux, The application looked like
exchange messages in order,  for example, When I tried to send a message to
the peer, I found that ACE_POSIX_AIOCB_Proactor did invoke aio_write() but
the message did not get sent out util the peer sent a message out, and then
got that previous message in. More worse, most time, when the connector
estalished a connection and tried to send the first message, the system got
locked up because a read operation probably be put before write
operation for listening any incoming messages.

         I searched the issue and found the similar issue report in the
link but it was several years age:
https://stevehuston.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/when-is-it-ok-to-use-ace-proactor-on-linux/

Is it  still the limitation on Linux?  Is there any way to get the
ACE Proactor AIO work for network communication ( exchange message via
socket with full duplex) now?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>