[ace-users] Proactor memory consumption

silvano silvano.barzon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 07:37:04 CST 2017

ACE VERSION: 6.0.6

TERABIT VERSION: 5.7.7

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Intel x86 64 bit, RHEL 6.4

COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL) gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red
Hat 4.4.7-18) (GCC)

We have developed a server application that manages tcp connections.
When our server application sends a large amount of data via tcp to very
slow client applications, we have a high memory consumption of memory
probably due to the proactor.
so, is there a way to monitor/control memory consumption in the Proactor?

Below our proactor snipped code:

TRB_POSIX_Proactor *proactor_impl;
TRB_Proactor *proactor;

size_t max_op  = 0;
int sig_num    = 0;
int leader_flg = 0;

ACE_NEW_NORETURN(proactor_impl, TRB_Event_Poll_Proactor(max_op, sig_num,
leader_flg));
ACE_NEW_NORETURN(proactor, TRB_Proactor(proactor_impl, 1));

Thank you so much
Barzon Silvano