[ace-users] ACE+TAO Build Problem

Douglas C. Schmidt d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu
Sat Feb 10 16:16:00 CST 2018

Hi Bob,

> Dr  Schmidt, you appear to the be the defacto expert on all things ACE+TAO.

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all questions
related to ACE+TAO mailing list or newsgroup, rather than to me directly
since I travel frequently and often don't have ready access to email.
See

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

In addition, to ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler
information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem
report form (PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

Make sure to include this information when asking any questions since
otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options
you've using, which is very error-prone and slows down our
responsiveness.  If you don't use the PRF, therefore, it is less likely
that someone from the core developer team will be able to answer your
question.  Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the
ACE+TAO user community who can respond to questions that they have the
answers to.

If you need more "predictable" help ACE+TAO please see

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.