[ace-users] ACE 6.5.5 with Visual Studio 2017 - ACE_SOCK becomes invalid and test crashes

Gad Work gadhwork at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:18:48 CDT 2019

Hi all.
i compiled the ACE 6.5.5 in "Debug x64" mode on Visual Studio 2017 (version
15.9) and also some socket test programs of ACE (SOCK_Connector for
example).
while debugging, i see the socket is initialized ok, but at end of the test
function, even *before *sock.close() - the handle becomes invalid
(0xffff....) and the program crashes upon close().
Windows 10 is my development environment.
i tested also SOCK_DGRAM - same result.
my config.h : use WCHAR + UNICODE - all others are standard configurations
(includes config-win32.h also)

please help.

Thanks in advance,
Gad