[ace-users] [TAO+Qt5] How to code a Qt5 application with CORBA objects

Thomas Schmidt TC.Schmidt at gmx.net
Tue Jul 20 13:35:48 CDT 2021

Hello,

I’m starting to design and implement a Qt5 based application communicating with some remote CORBA objects. F.e. the app should connect to a notification channel as a push consumer.

As ORB framework I want to use TAO. Both frameworks, TAO as well as Qt, use some kind of event loop (QCoreApplication::exec() and ORB::run()) but only one can be used in one thread. Should I create at least two threads, one running the Qt event loop and the other one the TAO loop or does there exists another, possibly more elegant, way?

Thanks
Thomas

--
Thomas Schmidt