[ace-users] ACE 7.0.1 and TAO 3.0.1 available for download

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Mon Mar 15 04:49:55 CDT 2021

Hi all,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the micro release of ACE 7.0.1 and TAO
3.0.1 which is available from the usual download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Major Release".

Or from the github release page at:

https://github.com/DOCGroup/ACE_TAO/releases/tag/ACE%2BTAO-7_0_1

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available.  In
addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles,
this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to
generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems.

Overviews of our recent changes are available at:
$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 98% for the TAO tests.

Please see:

https://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see:

https://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/support.html

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last major release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files, or github
issues for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes applied.

Changes to ACE

. Cleanup of ACE_* macros which are not used anymore

. Removed support for LynxOS 4 which has gcc3

. Make sure C++11 is enabled on MacOSX