AW: [Maybe Spam] [cosmic-users] CoSMIC release 0.4.2

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Dec 8 12:54:46 CST 2004

On Wednesday, 08 December 2004, Vasili wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install it, got the needed GME 2.4.28 package an installed it,
> but the CoSMIC installation process runs on an error.  Following message
> I copiped from my W2k eventlog
>
> Ereignistyp:	Fehler
> Ereignisquelle:	MsiInstaller
> Ereigniskategorie:	Keine
> Ereigniskennung:	11722
> Datum:		08.12.2004
> Zeit:		11:04:15
> Benutzer:		Nicht zutreffend
> Computer:	OEHHVGOUTAS
> Beschreibung:
> Product: CoSMIC -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action regsvr32.exe_4, location: C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI20.tmp, command: /u /s "C:\Programme\ISIS\CoSMIC\\bin\PackageComponent.dll"
>
> regsvr32 seems to have problems to register a component.
> Any ideas why?

Are you upgrading from CoSMIC-0.0.1 by any chance?  I just tried upgrading
from CoSMIC-0.0.2 to CoSMIC-0.4.2, and it worked fine.  Upgrading from
CoSMIC-0.0.1 is known to be broken.  In that case, just try to uninstall
the old version separately.  If that fails, install the following utility,

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~kitty/msicuu2.exe

which will help you blow away your registry entries corresponding to the
broken version of CoSMIC.  Then you should be able to install
CoSMIC-0.4.2.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University