[cosmic-users] tao_picml

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Dec 5 16:15:25 CST 2005

Hi Vasili,

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:04:36 -0600, Wasili Goutas wrote:
>     CoSMIC VERSION: 0.4.5
>
>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
>         WinXP
>
>     COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
>     VC.NET 2003
>
>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         EXECUTION?
>     tao_picml failed
> C:\projects\Quoter>tao_picml -x MyQuoter Broker\Broker.idl
> Distributor\Distributor.idl Stock_Base\Stock_Base.idl -I %TAO_ROOT% -I
> %TAO_ROOT%\orbsvcs -I %CIAO_ROOT%\ciao -I Broker -I Distributor -I
> Stock_Base
> tao-idli_bgKOq6.cpp
> picml_visitor::lookup_id - lookup of id IDL:Stock/StockBroker:1.0 failed
> picml_visitor::lookup_id - lookup of id IDL:Stock/StockBrokerHome:1.0 failed
> tao-idli_jbYzza.cpp
> picml_visitor::lookup_id - lookup of id IDL:Stock/StockDistributor:1.0
> failed
> picml_visitor::lookup_id - lookup of id
> IDL:Stock/StockDistributorHome:1.0 faile
> tao-idli_PIHFhS.cpp

I think Jeff Parsons fixed this bug sometime ago.  Please see the following
Changelog entry:

Fri Oct 21 000:10:58 UTC 2005  Jeff Parsons <j.parsons at vanderbilt.edu>

    * PIM/PICML/interpreters/IDLImporter/picml_visitor.cpp:

      Fixed a bug in visit_component() and visit_home() where an attemp
      to access the GME id of the component or home (in an internally
      maintained table) is made before the GME is stored there. Thanks
      to Like Ma <likemartinma at gmail.com> and Hubert Talbot
      <Hubert.Talbot at criq.qc.ca> for reporting the resulting lookup
      failure.

You can get the fix by compiling from CVS, or wait till we release a beta
version of the next upcoming release of CoSMIC.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University