[cosmic-users] new IDL importing features

Jeff Parsons parsons at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Oct 6 19:37:54 CDT 2005

Hi,

I've just checked in some changes to tao_picml that
enable the modeler to update a model with modified
IDL files, and preserve all existing features.
So far this works for IDL files that are updated
with ADDITIONS ONLY. See the CoSMIC ChangeLog, and
the updated IDL importing documentation in
COSMIC_ROOT/PIM/PICML/docs, for details.

Also, when importing IDL files for the first time,
a  number of folders will be automatically created in the PICML
model. Most of them are empty, but some will contain
default elements for each IDL component in the
processed files. See the COSMIC_ROOT/PIM/PICML/docs
files for more details.

It's impossible for me to test all use cases, so I'm
sure there will be some bugs in the updated IDL file
processing feature. Please let me know if you find
any.

thanks,

Jeff