[cosmic-users] idl_to_picml problem

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Tue Dec 5 12:13:41 CST 2006

Sorry for cross posting. PRF says to post it here, I didn't realize that
initially.

------------------------------
ACE_VERSION:    5.5.4
TAO_VERSION:    1.5.4
CIAO_VERSION:   0.5.3
GME_VERSION:    5.11.18
COSMIC_VERSION: 0.4.8

First, do these type of questions go to the CIAO's users group?

Consider the following IDL file:

--------------------------------
#ifndef FOO_IDL_
#define FOO_IDL_

interface Foo
{
  void Bar();

  //attribute boolean ok;
};

#endif /* FOO_IDL_ */
---------------------------------

Initially, the attribute is commented out.

I run the following command to import the IDL to PICML:
C:\IDL>idl_to_picml -I. -I%ACE_ROOT% -I%ACE_ROOT%/ace -I%TAO_ROOT%
-I%TAO_ROOT%/tao -I%CIAO_ROOT% -I%CIAO_ROOT%/ciao -x ABDUL Foo.idl

Everything works fine. It generates ABDUL.xme which I can import into
PICML.

Then, say I need to update the IDL above to add an attribute, so I
remove the comment from the attribute section, then I run the following
command to update the PICML model:

C:\IDL>idl_to_picml -I. -I%ACE_ROOT% -I%ACE_ROOT%/ace -I%TAO_ROOT%
-I%TAO_ROOT%/tao -I%CIAO_ROOT% -I%CIAO_ROOT%/ciao -i ABDUL.xme -x ABDUL2
Foo.idl tao-idli_ZNBPo1.cpp Added Attribute ok in Object Foo Unknown
exception in BE_produce Fatal Error - Aborting

I get the error above.

Is there a way to update the model, i.e., is the use case above expected
to work? Or should I recreate the whole model everytime I need to add a
new IDL file or modify the IDL.

Thanks,
Abdul